Statement on Standards
We would like to take this opportunity to address concerns regarding our standards as a medical boarding facility and most recently, with isolation rooms.
In order to ensure a bed bug-free facility, all mattresses are bed bug resistant with inverted,, heat-sealed seams. All rooms, common areas and common washrooms have continuous flooring with no seams.
Although staff are not allowed to enter the rooms, clients in isolation are treated respectfully. We try to ensure their comfort and well-being by providing the following services:
- Health checks/door knocks completed every two hours, beverages and/or activities offered;
- Meal and snack delivery;
- Laundry service including bedding/personal clothing, as well as garbage removal;
- Lifestyle breaks within required precuations.
Isolation rooms that share a washroom meet all required public health guidelines.
We recognize and acknowledge that isolating is difficult and hard on our mental health, that is why we strive to offer a space that is comfortable, safe and open to feedback.
As an organization, we have strict COVID-19 guidelines:
- All staff and client are required to wear masks in common areas;
- All staff and clients are required to remain 6 ft apart;
- Staff are required to self-screen daily for new symptoms;
- Frequent sanitizing of commonly touched surfaces; ie. Phones, light switches, banisters, etc.;
- Programs are closed for in-person services;
- No visitors allowed.
In our true northern way, lets continue to work together to stop the spread of COVID-19.